I frequently visit other blogs from people I follow on Twitter. @hjortur also has a blog, and that's where I found this 'Twittoholic Screening Test'. It's to check how addicted to Twitter you really are. The results are here.
- Have you lost time from work because of Twitting?
- Is twitting making your boss unhappy?
Basically I am my own boss. And I am not unhappy about me Twitting, so no.
- Is twitting affecting your reputation?
I have no idea, maybe? I guess not. You'd have to ask others who follow me.
- Do you convince yourself the affect on your reputation is positive which is why you not only should but must continue to twit?
- Have you ever felt remorse after twitting?
A little. So that would be a yes.
- Have you ever twitted when you knew you should be doing something else?
- Have you ever continued to twit when asked to stop?
No, then again, no one asked me to stop.
- Have you ever jeopardized your health or the one of others by twitting, (like mobile twitting while driving)?
- Do you feel irritation if you haven't twitted for some time?
- Have you ever twitted before breakfast?
- Do you want to twit the next morning?
- Does twitting interfere with your sleeping habits?
Not really, my sleeping habits are screwed up anyway.
- Has twitting caused arguments or disagreements with your spouse?
- Has your efficiency decreased since twitting?
I don't think so.
- Do you reply to twelebrities (twitter-celebrities) to build up your self-confidence?
No, if I reply to twelebrities it's probably. because I feel like having a conversation with them.
- Have you ever lied about what you were doing while twitting?
- Have you ever hid your twitter homepage when someone is around?
- Have you ever turned to third party applications to twit when your boss has closed for access to the twitter homepage?
No (see #2)
- Have you ever had a loss of sense of time because of twitting?
- Has your tech staff ever had to treat your computer because of twitting?
- Have you ever been to a hospital or institution on account of twitting?
- Do you twit alone?
- Are you in denial and lied or "stretched the truth substantially" when answering any of the questions above?
If you answered 3 or more of these questions with a Yes it is a definite sign that your twitting patterns are harmful and possibly considered twitter dependent or twittoholic.
I guess that means I am a Twittoholic. Though I don't really feel it that way. I answered yes 6 times. Once Twitter is back up, I will tweet that I am a Twittoholic. However, I do have to add that I am not that addicted, that I can't live without Twitter. Seriously.